Houses and Gardens
- A few miles away lies Lydford Gorge (National Trust) with lovely walks
through the gorge where you can see the breathtaking White Lady Waterfall and Devil's Cauldron.
- Cotehele House (NT) is also close by and makes an interesting day
out with beautiful walks through the gardens down to the River Tamar and Cotehele Quay.
- The Garden House and Buckland Abbey are a short drive from Capeltor and the landmark Brentor Church is not to be missed.
- Slightly further afield can be found Lanhydrock House (pictured above)
and Castle Drogo, both National Trust.
- For some local mining history Morwellham Quay makes a fascinating day out.
- The Eden Project
and the Lost Gardens of Heligan are both within an hour's drive and well worth the trip.
For more information, follow the links below.